Monday, July 23, 2018

Pulling Piano Action Out

The next step with the Piano is to start taking it apart.
Originally I had thought that grand pianos would be hard to work with,
It definitely seemed more intimidating .
Also I only, at this point, had tuned upright pianos. So not sure how to handle the grand piano I had to pull out a couple of piano repair books and found out that the action just slides right out of the frame.

First unscrewing the hinges on the side of the Fall board.
 Next unscrew the cheek blocks on either side of the keys.
                                                
Then there is the Key slip.  It had several screws across the front of the piano

 The last screw! (Well......At least to take the action out) 

 It is always a good idea to label your screws.   :)

 My youngest sister ( who has been taking a lot of these pictures for me) was kind enough to help me pull out the action and set it on the table to work on.


Well there is the process of taking out the action . Can't wait to show y'all the next step.
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment