Monday, July 23, 2018

Juicer restoration

 Also wanted to show y'all another project my Dad helped me with.
A few months back my sisters, some friends and I went antiquing and thrift store shopping. We have a huge antique mall downtown and my friend and I found this old juicer in the back of the store. Any kind of machine or gadget I find very fascinating no matter how simplistic it may be.  My friend convinced me to get it, ( she would have bought it if I hadn't). 
Anyway this is what is looked like when I brought it home.



The original paint was already half gone. I peeled away the loose pieces of paint that were hanging on it, but the rest definitely needed something to help peel it off.
We went to Lowes and got the strongest Epoxy we could find.
and come to find out.....it works very well. ( Though I will tell you it burns if you get it on you)
Most of the paint came off after one coat.   We had to put a little more epoxy on a few stubborn spots.
It looked like this after we washed and dried it off.

We used 'bar keepers friend' to clean the crown of the Juice O Mat. It still wasn't as shiny as I wanted it to be. My Dad then bought the 'Mother's' metal polish which worked extraordinarily well.
This is the spray paint we used for the bottom half of the juicer.  Though we are aiming to restore the juicer I had to pick a brighter color than the original. 
Well after weeks of Buffing the metal and Putting 4 coats of paint on the juicer, 
Here is the finished project






No comments:

Post a Comment