Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Piano photos

Here are a few photos of the piano.



This is one I tried sending in the last post.
Technology is definatly not my area of expertise. My mom has been very patient
with me in showing me how to put together a blog.  Back to the piano...
 This photo is of the serial number.
It almost seemd like a treasure hunt looking for this sticker. 
I finally found it at the far end underneath the key board.
This sticker makes it possible to find out when it was made.
The Pierce Piano Atlas is a book I would recomend to anybody pursuing there interests in pianos. They have quite a list of Piano companies, their history, and other valuable information.
After looking up the serial number, It turns out that the piano was made between 1930 and 1931.
Later, when taking out the keys to clean them, it only was confirmed with one of the keys having 1931 etched into the wood.

This damage on the side will be a little bit of work. My Dad and I have been discussing how we will tackle this one. I might see a professional woodworker for this. We'll see... 
Well, these are a few pictures of the piano as I have recieved it. The next post will be taking the piano apart.





No comments:

Post a Comment